PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Salary Range: $85,000 – 135,000
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will coordinate with mechanical engineers as well as work with other personnel to design, review designs and characterize innovative medical and security devices, and assist with product testing and validation. Along with management and engineering staff, the Principal Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for various aspects of product development including concept creation, design, materials procurement, feasibility hardware fabrication, and development and execution of characterization testing. Product validation activities will include test protocol development, participation in product testing, and test report preparation.
- Create mechanical system concepts based on system requirements document
- Design components and subsystems within a system context.
- Write specifications and test methods.
- Execute verification and validation tests and record the results.
- Review design of other engineers in the same discipline.
- Provide technical leadership to other engineers to develop a subsystem.
- Exercise judgment about the appropriate technology and methods to use in a subsystem.
- Participate in the system level design.
- Develop, negotiate, and understand the interface to other subsystems.
- Communicate effectively with management and other members of the development team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Strong knowledge of the technical discipline and its application to the field of medical and non-medical imaging including both standard and alternative techniques.
- Experience using Solidworks CAD and simulation, and PDM
- Create documentation (MS Word)
- A working understanding of FDA QRS or ISO-9001 and 13485 principles is preferred.
- Requires a motivated individual that is able to work with minimal supervision.
MSME and 10 years or BSME and 15 years experience.
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com