Senior Software Engineer
Salary Range: $85,000-$135,000 depending on experience level
Seeking a software engineer that is highly skilled with Linux device drivers, software close to hardware, and high-speed data acquisition to work on projects in medical imaging, security imaging, and industrial imaging.
Products all involve acquiring data at rates up to and exceeding 2.5Gb/sec over commercial and custom PCIe interfaces and over network interfaces.
Will be entirely or partially responsible for the system control software for imaging capital equipment.
· Data acquisition
· Data processing
· Command processing
· State machine
· Communication with other subsystems
· Error logging
· Motion control
Must be able to participate in the development of specification, architecture, interfaces, software test design, implementation and automation.
Team lead opportunities are available.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent.
At least 5 years experience with Linux drivers, data acquisition software, and high-performance Linux software. At least 10 years experience for team lead.
· Linux device drivers
· PCIe drivers
· High-throughput no-loss data acquisition
· Multi-threaded software in Linux using pthreads
· C, C++
· Client/Server architecture
· Ports and sockets communication
· State machines
· High-speed data transmission over point-to-point and switched Ethernet networks.
· RT “real-time” scheduler in Linux
· Windows programming
· Software development in a regulated environment
· Software development in a team environment
· IEC 62304 software development
· Signal processing
· Configuring Linux machines for high-performance
· CUDA, GPU Programming
· Application-specific knowledge could also be beneficial ( imaging systems, large data sets, scientific computing )
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org